UKCLA is a membership organisation, reliant on annual subscriptions to maintain and develop its work. Membership is for the calendar year (now 2020) regardless of when you join.
You can use the secure PayPal payment at the bottom of this page to pay. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment – simply select the relevant card type you wish to pay with and checkout as a guest.
Alternatively, you can pay your membership fee directly into the Association bank account. Existing members have been emailed directly by the Membership Secretary with the relevant details. Potential members and former members should email the membership secretary Dr Javier Oliva at email@example.com indicating the category of membership they wish to apply for.
- Ordinary membership £20 (if you are engaged in law teaching and/or legal scholarship, whether in the United Kingdom or elsewhere)
- Student membership £10 (if you are enrolled on an undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme at a university and postgraduate research students)
- Associate membership £20 (if you are a legal practitioner, civil servant, member/officer/staff of a legislative body, member of the judiciary and other people with an interest in constitutional law)
We will use your email address to contact you with regard to your membership and key membership events. Please see the right-hand side menu for secure payment options via PayPal.
Benefits of membership
- publicise your events on the blog/website
- eligibility to apply for funding for your events, including mentoring for early career researchers organising academic events for the first time
- list your PhD project
- become part of a community of constitutional law scholars in the UK and around the world
- feel virtuous about supporting the work of UKCLA and blog
- support the work of the International Association of Constitutional Law
Resources for members
The rules of the Association are here: UKCLA Rules (adopted 17_1_2014).